Setup Complete Web Development Environment in just 2 seconds
Subscribe to my newsletter and never miss my upcoming articles
Hi and welcome
The route into the (web or application) development world can seem obfuscated at times — there’s no clear path since there are multiple programming languages, hundred of frameworks, and thousands of libraries.
Which ones should you learn and in what order? & once you have answered this question, the next thing is you spend a lot of time in front of a text editor, in setting up an environment and in manipulating them to fit your need .
By the time you are done going through your system configuration, compatibility & git setup your motivation to work gets postponed & the patience , well let's not go there ...!
This is where services like CodeSandbox can save a large chunk of our time.
what if I tell you that all you need to setup a development environment is just a browser and two words ? sounds crazy right?
Let me show you how, but before that let's understand few things.
What is CodeSandbox
- CodeSandbox is an online editor for rapid web development. With CodeSandbox, you can prototype quickly, experiment easily, and share creations with a click.
- Use it to create static sites, full-stack web apps or components, on any device with a web browser.
Time to answer the "How ? "
1. Open a browser
preferably Chrome, other browsers (firefox, opera, safari) support these features too..
2. Type in the framework followed by
.new in the address bar
- CodePen - Social development environment for front-end designers and developers.
- Vanilla TypeScript - An Elegant Framework for Java TypeScript
Click to see them in action
All of these environments come with GitHub integration and many more features to collaborate share & embed in your websites / blogs on the go.
Take a hands-on approach to learning new tech.
- As new web technologies emerge and evolve, it can be challenging to keep your skills fresh and knowledge up to date. CodeSandbox helps you take a hands-on approach to learn new libraries and frameworks by making it easy to try things out and understand how things really work.
Come together to create collaboratively.
- Collaborative coding environments can be tricky to set up. CodeSandbox Live helps break down the barriers to building together by making it easy for two or more folks to collaborate on code—in real-time, or asynchronously as part of a team.
Run better, more efficient coding interviews and challenges.
- Whiteboard exercises don’t get to the core skills you're looking for in a candidate. With CodeSandbox, you can run remote technical interviews and set coding challenges that let you see how candidates assess problems, approach solutions, and work with code.
The fastest way to test ideas and get feedback.
- With CodeSandbox you can try ideas, experiment with code, and produce proof of concepts with an instant IDE that's purpose-built for rapid web development and sharing. Validate your ideas and get feedback faster.
5. Open Source
Reclaim your time and improve developer experiences.
- Maintaining open source projects can be enormously fulfilling, yet time-consuming and stressful. CodeSandbox gives open source maintainers the tools to improve documentation, handle bug reports, and test more efficiently. So you can get some of your time back.